Wednesday, September 03, 2008

movie reviews

One of the things I love to do when I have free time (right now during the summer there really isn’t any free time but I try and get away from the office at least once a month) is watch movies.  Being a photographer I always over analyze how the film was shot and am a pretty harsh critic.  For a movie to get my full approval it has to be very good.  I am going to start to post movie reviews and  hopefully save some of you from seeing some of the Garbage that is out there.  Last night I went and saw Tropic Thunder with Ben Stiller.



Overall I give this movie a 1 out of 5 stars.  It has some actors that I love and I think had the potential to be a pretty funny movie.  I really liked the idea of the movie and it has a great chance to really poke fun at hollywood, I thought the concept was good and the trailer for the movie looked pretty good.  But the movie really fell short there were a few funny parts but they were few and far between and there was too much fowl language and vulgarity that I thought wasn’t needed at all.  I think a good comedy doesn’t need to be throwing F-Bombs left and right for it to be funny and there was too much vulgarity for my taste.   Even though it was about a war movie I think some of the profanity was just thrown in there to try and be funny and it really turned me off to the whole movie.



On a side note my favorite comedy on TV has just been released on iTunes last week and I was so happy.



 I got hooked on Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO when it first came out and every since season 1 I have to rent the DVD episodes once they come out.  It is a comedy about Larry David (the creator of Seinfield) and he plays himself living in LA as a producer.  He always gets himself into these crazy situations, it really reminds me of some of the seinfield situations, just really random things that come up.  Since it is on HBO sometimes there is some nasty language, but I think it is a really good comedy.  If you haven’t seen it yet rent season 1 (or check out the last season on iTunes).


- Mark

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am a Photographer based out of San Jose Ca. I travel all over the place taking photos of wedding and other events. I have been married to my beautiful wife Lisa for 7 years. She is a Real Estate agent for Alain Pinel Realtos (http://www.lisa4homes.com) We have a baby on the way (baby Faith coming in Sept!) and have 2 cats Jasper and Lucky. When we do have free time we spend it together biking, swimming, playing tennis, snowboarding, or Watching movies. Check out more of our Award winning wedding photography

only wire

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP