Friday, March 26, 2010

Using the sun as a backlight

Check out one of our latest articles online at: http://digitalphotobuzz.com/

One thing that I just love to do with portraits is turn the couple around and shoot right into the sun using it as a backlight. Then there are a few different things you can do to get a very different feel to the shot. Sometimes if I want to keep that rich color of the background and have my subjects more defined i’ll set my exposure for the background and light the couple with a off camera light (or two or three). You can see a good example from this article (off camera lighting and sunset). But sometimes I want something a little more soft and romantic, I want the glow of the sun to just radiate in the image and don’t mind if my subjects are a little soft also. Then I won’t use any flash at all and let the sun really be a strong backlight that gets a little blown out. Here is an example from a recent wedding:

To read the full article go here: Using the sun as a backlight

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am a Photographer based out of San Jose Ca. I travel all over the place taking photos of wedding and other events. I have been married to my beautiful wife Lisa for 7 years. She is a Real Estate agent for Alain Pinel Realtos (http://www.lisa4homes.com) We have a baby on the way (baby Faith coming in Sept!) and have 2 cats Jasper and Lucky. When we do have free time we spend it together biking, swimming, playing tennis, snowboarding, or Watching movies. Check out more of our Award winning wedding photography

only wire

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP