Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Studio MSV

Our vendor spotlight this week is Andrew of Studio MSV. We first worked with Andrew last year and were amazed by the same day edit he put together, it was a very artistic cut of the day and to have put it together so quick was pretty awesome. All of the guests at the wedding couldn’t believe the video! We have also been able to hang out with Andrew at other functions and he has a great personality and is a fun guy to hang out with, at a wedding its always a plus to have a fun videographer to capture your day. You can view his latest work on his blog at: http://studiomsv.net or check out his website: http://studiomsv.com/. Check out a little more about Andrew below:

07640001


the reason I love what I do ….

Someone once said, “do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.” These words are true in the sense that working won’t feel like work if you’re happily doing your job each day. But one thing that I’ve found to be even more profound and can even better affect the way you feel about your work is the people you work with. Consider this: you find your dream job and are content to wake each morning to earn your living. But your co-workers are always gossiping about you or sabotaging your projects. How long do you think you will like your dream job? Conversely, if you love the people you work with, no job - no matter how nasty (have you ever seen “Dirty Jobs”?) - will ever get you down!


That’s why I love doing what I do. The people I work with and meet are top notch! The photographers I work with, the coordinators, and especially the brides and grooms, are all so inspiring, creative, and loyal, that it’s hard to have an “off day”!


your wedding specialty …

One of the things that I’m proud to say I helped pioneer in the Bay Area is the Same-Day Edit. The “SDE” - or as I call it, the Instant Video - is a short highlight movie that is shot, edited, and played back on the day of the wedding. It usually takes me two to three hours of editing time to create a beautiful short movie of the wedding day that can be shown during dinner or toward the end of the reception. In fact, we have the capability of turning the highlight movie into a wedding favor DVD that each guest can bring home with them! The Same-Day Edit is a real crowd-pleaser and something in which I was instrumental in bringing to popularity.


But beyond the Instant Video or products like our Covert Proposal Videos, fun Engagement Music Videos, and others, it’s my style that brides gravitate toward. Our videos are never boring or “typical” and always evoke emotions. It’s my unique style that sets us apart form the rest.


best wedding memory …

I see so many memorable things at so many different events that it’s hard to pick out just one!

But if you put a gun to my head - or invited me to participate in a vendor spotlight blog post - I might choose this one as my favorite wedding memory: I think it was the second wedding I ever shot. Ever. The bride’s caterer ran out of food and she went to her room really upset. The groom went after her in order to console her and I was stuck trying to decide whether I should follow and document it or let them alone.

I decided that, as the wedding videographer hired to document the event, it was pretty much my duty to keep record of what had happened so the events could be captured for posterity. I followed them to their room and started rolling tape. Teary-eyed and flustered, the bride described to me what had happened and how she felt. It was some of the most genuine footage I’ve ever documented. The couple subsequently sent me a thank you note that said they loved the video and that I was their favorite vendor. That, I was the “most professional and most pleasant to work with!”


It’s moments like those that make doing what I do such a pleasure!


favorite movie …

My favorite movie of all time is Ben Hur. No other movie comes close. Netflix it. (A close second is Die Hard and Fight Club.)



last movie rental you watched …


The last few Netflix movies I watched were all from my wife’s queue so I’m too embarrassed to name them.




where can you be found on days off …


I rarely have days off, but most recently, I went up to Lake Tahoe with my wife, two kids, and a bunch of my church friends. On other days when I’m taking a break from working, I relax by watching TV. Some of my favorite shows are (or “were” - alas, some of my favorites tend to be less popular and, to my chagrin, get cancelled before they’re due!): The Shield; Deadwood; American Idol; Damages; Flight of the Conchords; Dexter; and others.



what superhero would you be …

I used to collect comics in my youth and still find them beautiful to look at and stimulating to think about. So you might get a much longer answer than you anticipated if I go Full Geek on this answer. But the short of it is: I appreciate Batman’s emotional complexities and raison d’etre, but who wouldn’t want to be the seemingly immortal and nearly omnipotent Superman? My answer? Superman. (But I would skip the formalities of having an alter ego. I would just be Superman all the time… and I’d play sports instead of fight super villains. ;-)


if I am typically craving something it is ….

… dangerous to be in my way.


fav song at a wedding (and least fav) …

My least favorite is probably the electric slide. No offense, folks-who-used-the-eclectic-slide-at-their-reception. :-)



The song that I’ve heard at a wedding that became my favorite is “I Loved Her First” by Heartland. I’m not a big country music fan, but the first time I heard that song being played during a father/daughter dance, I couldn’t help but to imagine 20 years or so into the future and to picture my daughter, Hannah (7) being given away to be with her husband-to-be. :-(..

See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXhJ3oCg3K8




Studio MSV 2009 Demo Video from andrew msv on Vimeo.







Vendor Spotlight for Studio MSV


http://wedclix.com/blog/vendor-spotlight-studio-msv

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am a Photographer based out of San Jose Ca. I travel all over the place taking photos of wedding and other events. I have been married to my beautiful wife Lisa for 7 years. She is a Real Estate agent for Alain Pinel Realtos (http://www.lisa4homes.com) We have a baby on the way (baby Faith coming in Sept!) and have 2 cats Jasper and Lucky. When we do have free time we spend it together biking, swimming, playing tennis, snowboarding, or Watching movies. Check out more of our Award winning wedding photography

only wire

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP