Saturday, June 24, 2006

Local Print Comp

Local Print Comp

Last week a few of our prints scored over an 80 to receive an award at
our local PPSCV meeting. (Professional Photographer of the Santa Clara
Valley).  If there are any local photographers that read my blog,
we have some pretty good monthly speakers email me and I can send you
when are meetings are.



I always enjoy entering some of my favorite images into print
competition, it is good to hear constructive critisism and praise by your
peers.  I think it can make anyone no matter how good they are a
better photographer by always trying to raise the bar. 



The only part I have never liked about entering in prints to a
competition is you always have to name the print and I hate naming my
work.  Even back in Art school I never really named prints that I
had in gallery shows, or if I did have to name them I would just pick
something that made no sense.  For print comp I usually let
anyone that is around when I am filling out my form name the print for
me. 


I think next time I will post my images on the blog here and let everyone out there name my prints for me :)



Anyway, here are a few prints that placed well, thanks to my clients for always making such great models.















-- Mark

Fine Art Wedding and Portrait Photography

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am a Photographer based out of San Jose Ca. I travel all over the place taking photos of wedding and other events. I have been married to my beautiful wife Lisa for 7 years. She is a Real Estate agent for Alain Pinel Realtos (http://www.lisa4homes.com) We have a baby on the way (baby Faith coming in Sept!) and have 2 cats Jasper and Lucky. When we do have free time we spend it together biking, swimming, playing tennis, snowboarding, or Watching movies. Check out more of our Award winning wedding photography

only wire

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP